Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 30, 2010

37 Week OB Appointment

There's a little bit more than usual to report on this week! My weight is holding steady (actually down a little but this can apparently be common during the last month) and my blood pressure was great. I am still measuring two weeks behind. My Group B Strep test came back positive which just means that I'll be given antibiotics every four hours during labor. The risk is that the bacteria will be passed to the baby during delivery but it's very uncommon that it actually gets passed especially when treated. My blood work from last week showed that my iron levels were good but my platelet count is low. They took more blood at this appointment to check again. I had a low platelet count reading with Adeline one time as well and after having more blood work done, everything came back normal. Again though, this is not a very concerning issue since I will not be getting an epidural anyway. I did not have an epidural with Adeline and will go without it this time as well. Apparently, to get an epidural your platelet count has to be 100 or higher. The exciting news is that I was 2cm dilated! Of course, this doesn't guarantee anything. I could stay that way for the next 3 weeks! I have made it to full-term though as yesterday was 37 weeks so bring on the walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment