We went today for Adeline's two year well visit and she did wonderfully!!! I tried to prep her ahead of time that the doctor was going to look in her ears, eyes and mouth and it would be no big deal. She sat perfectly still during it all! She weighed 23.4 lbs and her height was 32.75 in. I thought the doctor said that put her in the 9th percentile for weight, but the print-out from her appointment said 1st percentile so I'm not sure which to go off, but either would be normal for her. The 9th percentile would actually be the highest she's been since she was about 6 weeks old! She is in the 17th percentile for height. The doctor said she did hear a slight heart murmur, but it's nothing to be concerned with at this point because it's not uncommon to see it at this age due to the development of the body. If it's still there at her 3 year check up then she will be referred to a cardiologist since we'll have to tell the dentist about it. Apparently, heart murmurs come from somewhere on my side of the family because my brother also has one though it may have gone away since he's gotten older. If it does continue, it shouldn't cause any problems, but hopefully it's just being caused by her chest development right now as the doctor mentioned. The nurse and doctor were both very impressed with her vocabulary and that she's potty trained AND sleeping in a big bed! It was a great check-up!
On the way out to the car, I was telling Adeline what a wonderful job she did and that I was so proud of her. Her response was, "cookie?" She's certainly aware that cookies (treats) come as a reward for being a good girl and doing as she's asked! Her request was fulfilled when we had to stop by Kroger on the way home. I do love the free cookies at the bakery!
I'm Back
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment